Monday, June 17, 2013

QOTD: Pretend Play

Scene: kitchen after breakfast. B&H have just found some Little People & other small figures that had been put away for a month or so. 

Ben, holding Cinderella: I'm Cindellla!
Hannah, holding Curious George: I'm Curvious Goerge!
Ben: Hi, how are ya?
Hannah: Hi!
Ben: George, let's play together!
Hannah: Ok! 
Ben: I'm so fancy. 
Hannah: 'Kay, bye!
Hannah runs away to play with something else. 

It's hard to capture just how cute it was to see this 30- second pretend play. Ben's "Cindelella" is so funny - very high and squeaky.  And Hannah face who,e she was being George is hilarious!

I'm not sure if this sort of pretend play is developmentally appropriate for 2-1/2 year olds, but it sure warmed my heart this morning! I hope I can catch it on video soon to catch their voice inflections and faces. So cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment