Tuesday, February 21, 2012

We Need a Dog

No, we don't *want* a dog. We *need* a dog.

B&H have recently decided to become Picky Pickersons and spend more time throwing food on the floor than eating it (unless, of course, it's: eggs, cheese or bananas). The most oft thrown food? Vegetables. For real! I thought we had a good year before they decided they didn't like vegetables anymore!

Things that used to be BIG hits around here aren't. So, no more green beans, peas, or sliced cooked carrots. Boo.

Instead, they have been indugling in very grown-up vegetables (in my opinion) like cherry tomatoes, zucchini, broccoli slaw (raw, mind you) and brussels sprouts. What??

Of course, they ate exactly 2 bites of each of those new vegetables and then threw them on the floor. Novelty, I tell ya.

So, we need a dog to clean up the mess. I'm sick of sweeping and swiffering!

And, being the good mom that I am, I want to make sure they are getting the best nutrition I can get in them. I'm starting the "sneak it in other things" approach (while still offering the vegetable, I want to make sure they know what vegetables taste, look and feel like when they aren't mixed in something else). So today I made some (kinda odd-looking) homemade chicken nuggets with pureed vegetables mixed in. I tasted one. They're pretty good. I added lots of garlic powder, pepper, onion powder, etc. They actually taste a lot like real chicken nuggets.

Guess where they ended up, though? Sigh.......

No comments:

Post a Comment