Sunday, November 4, 2012

30DOT: Grandparents

Here we are at day four of 30 Days of Thanks!


Day Four:


I'm thankful for my grandparents. I blogged about this before and I was reminded again last night at the All Saint's service at church how much I loved and miss my grandparents who have passed away and how thankful I am for my Grandma Dorothy! I feel like many of my morals and ethics in my adult life can be traced back to my grandparents. Thank you, Grandpa, Grandma Vernie & Grandma Dorothy, for being such great influences on my life!
Grandpa Cal





Flashback! Grandma Dorothy with
B&H (when they were 4 months old)


Grandma Vernie & Me! About 1982 or83
Day Three:
I am thankful for our home, as small and messy as it may be. I am often frustrated at it's teeny tiny space, but you know what? It's a warm place for us to live. It's a place for us to play and grow. It's a place to call our own. And even if we live here for just the next 5 years or as many as the next 30, this will always be the first home Aaron and I bought, the first one we furnished and decorated, the place I had to lie down for 2 months, the house we brought our children home from the hosptial to, where our children took their first steps, said their first words, had their first bloody noses. It's where we cuddle in the basement and watch Curious George at night. It's where I make soup and bread and cupcakes for Sunday dinner. It is our home.


Teeny tiny and messy, but home!

Day Two:
I am thankful for my husband Aaron, for without him none of the wonderful things that have happened to me in the past 7 years ever would have happened!

5-Year Anniversary photo, (c) Heather Hanson Photography
Day One:
I'm thankful for these two cuties who changed my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment