Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bookworms

There's no denying B&H have inherited my love of books and reading. It gives me great sense of pride and joy to know this! I hope they have the foundations for learning, reading, investigating, researching!

The best part about their love of reading is that it gives me a bit of downtime. This morning, for example. I cleaned the kitchen and the quietness from the living room proved this:

They love to read anything. Literally. Magazines, newspapers, ads, board books, picture books, mass market paperbacks (for some reason, Hannah always grabs The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo off the shelf!).

They do have favorites, though.

Ben's favorites:

Where the Wild Things Are
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus
Yummy Yucky
Snuggle Puppy
Where is the Green Sheep?
It's a Little Book
and really any book he can get his hands on.


I think my taste in books has rubbed off on him!



Hannah, on the other hand,  really has one one favorite:


Girl will read this book over and over and over and over and over. She can point out all the pictures on the front when you ask her "Where's the car?" or "Where's the banana?" And now she can answer "What's that" to almost all the photos - everything but chair. She just hasn't said chair yet.

If she can't read 100 words, she will choose:
Higher Higher
Any animal book
Any lift the flap book

She just doesn't have a strong affinity to any other book besides the First 100 Words Book. She's crazy for that thing!!



A special shout-out to my friend Kate who blogged on this same topic and gave me the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment