Monday, July 16, 2012

Get Out of Dodge


It's still hot here. Like Get-Out-of-Dodge hot. Except we have no cabin to go to .... so we stuck around the city last weekend and tried out something new to entertain ourselves: Dodge Nature Center in West St Paul. I have a few friends who have visited there and have said their twins enjoy the grounds.



The grounds include a farm, some walking trails (not really hiking, but I think they called them hiking trails), a pond (VERY green & gross) and some prairieland. We were most excited about the farm, so we loaded up and walked through an overgrown path to the farm. I have the mosquito bites to prove it!
Hoping the sheep come a bit closer
It was HOT and humid, even at 9 a.m., so when we noticed most of the animals were far out in the pasture, we didn't do much. We walked on a path, saw some animals from far away, and sat for a rest on some benches. We opted not to do the farm tour happening that morning. We just got TOO hot. We did see some sheep relatively close, though!


So, we ended up at Target, of course. Why do we even bother going anywhere else??

PS: If you couldn't tell, I'm still messing around on Picmonkey. I promise I'll stop adding overly-edited photos soon. I don't want to end up on You Are Not a Photographer!!


No comments:

Post a Comment