Monday, September 24, 2012

Oh, the Lord is good to me

Did anyone else sing the "Johnny Appleseed" prayer when they were younger? We always sang it at Girl Scout camp. It was one of my favorites.

Oh, the Lord is good to me
And so I thank the Lord
For giving me
The things I need
The sun and the rain and the appleseed
The Lord is good to me. 
Amen
Amen
Amen, Amen, Amen.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah-MEN!

Saturday I could NOT get that song out of my head after we visited Minnetonka Orchards. Even with the chilly morning and the LONG drive out there (45 minutes! We really were out in the country!), it was a most wonderful fall morning!

First stop: apple donuts! Ben is a lover of donuts. Kid ate like 3 all by himself!
After we filled up on donuts, we headed out to the orchard to pick apples. Mode of transportation was a fun hay ride! Both kids loved riding the tractor, of course. And, we learned a big lesson: don't pick your apples first, not if you plan to do other orchard activities later. A peck of Cortlands is HEAVY!

Our mode of transportation

You can't really even tell, but we ARE on the hayride!
 Kids enjoyed picking the apples, even though they kept filling the bag with rotten apples from the ground! Oh well, we pulled those out when they weren't looking and moved on.
The orchard had other fun things to do, like a play train, a sand box, a little choo-choo wagon, a petting zoo, a hay pile to climb, and facepainting. But, by the time we picked apples and made our way toward the extras, it was creeping up on naptime, so we didn't participate much. Though, we did take our "How tall this fall?" Photos! Unfortunately, B&H both thought the "apple happy" was so cute that they just wanted to stare at it and not turn around for the picture. :)
It was a wonderful day. Oh yes, the Lord IS good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment